The small village of Little Bedwyn sits astride the Kennet and Avon Canal. The church of St Michael's stands at the north end of the village on the north-west bank of the Dun, formerly called the River Bedwyn.
Great Bedwyn Wharf is on the south east of the village. The Kennet & Avon canal was opened from Hungerford to Great Bedwyn in 1799, from Great Bedwyn to Devizes in 1809.
Late afternoon and we arrive at Dun Mill Lock near Hungerford to find one of the lock gates has just sheared its lower bearing.
Boats tied up awaiting repairs to the lock gates.
A ragged Robin.
A beautifully marked Small Tortoiseshell butterfly getting a quick fix of nector.
The Kennet and Avon offers anglers many good opportunities for fishing...
One of the hundreds of geese that live on the canal.
Still flying after 70 years, G-APAM a DH82 Tiger Moth bi-plane flying over the canel near Hungerford.